Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mathias Denichi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
For me, the Smart Cover leather and silicone have been a bust. This model seems to flop right off of the back of the iPad when holding it compared to previous iterations.

My question is how secure does the magnet of the 10.5 iPad Pro Smart Keyboard magnetize to the back if I’m holding it in tablet mode. Will it flop off as well?

chedder’mac

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2017
imho, yes.
I have the Smart Keyboard but have found that in those instances where I’m playing or holding it while lounging on the couch or such that it’s just easier to pop it off. I find it too unweidly and awkward to just flip it over, could be due to the added weight or bulk from the keyboard. And when I’m ready to pack it up or do some work on it I just click it all back together.

Reactions: bensisko

bensisko

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
The Village
imho, yes.
I have the Smart Keyboard but have found that in those instances where I’m playing or holding it while lounging on the couch or such that it’s just easier to pop it off. I find it too unweidly and awkward to just flip it over, could be due to the added weight or bulk from the keyboard. And when I’m ready to pack it up or do some work on it I just click it all back together.

I’ll echo these comments. I love the keyboard cover, but it spends more time off than it does on.
Honestly, I’m spending a lot more time typing on the virtual keyboard than I am with a physical keyboard, but my limit seems to be about 2 pages of typing before I go to a physical keyboard.

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
I started with the Apple Smart Keyboard and ended up moving to the Logitech Slim Keyboard because the smart keyboard didn’t have an adjustable angle for using on my lap while watching TV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.