Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kitKAC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2022
If you pair a Magic Keyboard, then go into Settings, Accessibility, Keyboards and switch on Full Keyboard Access, you can use the keyboard to navigate your iPhone. It is probably the best you can do unless you've access to other Accessibly devices.

1703752836473.png

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
If you pair a Magic Keyboard, then go into Settings, Accessibility, Keyboards and switch on Full Keyboard Access, you can use the keyboard to navigate your iPhone. It is probably the best you can do unless you've access to other Accessibly devices.

View attachment 2329841
I think OP means something like Remote Desktop but for iPhone, controlling from say a Mac or iPad or another iPhone. I don’t think it’s possible, but it’s something I would definitely find useful since I like to dock my iPhone when I get home and just use my iPad Mini as my phone. Even with Continuity there are still things I have to go to my iPhone to do.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I think OP means something like Remote Desktop but for iPhone, controlling from say a Mac or iPad or another iPhone. I don’t think it’s possible, but it’s something I would definitely find useful since I like to dock my iPhone when I get home and just use my iPad Mini as my phone. Even with Continuity there are still things I have to go to my iPhone to do.
Yeah, I have multiple iPhones sitting on my desk and I've explored this. It works the other way (controlling a computer with a VNC app from the iPhone), but you can't control an iPhone through VNC from a computer.

Reactions: subjonas
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.