Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
Well first of all this won't work for dead pixels only stuck pixels (pixels that are stuck on one color).

I have used this video on my PSP, Macbook, and Sony LCD TV successfully.

I have also tried it on a a creative zen but this didn't fix it.

Im not making any guaranty that this will work but its worked for me in the past.

Heres the video on youtube so you can just look it up on your iPhone, I had a stuck light red/yellow/white pixel and this did fix it. Also on some devices where the screen is not as hard as the iPhone it helps to rub the screen where the pixel is stuck. If the video doesn't work after the first time try it a few more times, but if it doesn't work after the 5th time don't bother with this anymore, its not going to fix it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oj9U-Ux6QHY

I would also not advise watching the video for any extended period of time.

Post here if it works for you.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Sad to say, this did not work on my iPhone 3G. I've got a single blue pixel stuck near the middle of the screen, and after running the video 5 times, I can confirm that the pixel is still stuck with blue on.

Jiddick ExRex

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2006
Roskilde, DK
Sad to say, this did not work on my iPhone 3G. I've got a single blue pixel stuck near the middle of the screen, and after running the video 5 times, I can confirm that the pixel is still stuck with blue on.

You need to leave it on for more than 4 minutes :rolleyes:

Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
The video only runs for 39 seconds or so... and the OP said to try it 5 times. Which is what I did.

Do you think running it more might help, or would I just be wasting my time?

Well it wouldn't hurt to try it longer, im just saying from personal experience it normally works for me on the 1st or 2ed time, but there have been times that its taken 5.

Wouldn't hurt to try though.

mpuck972

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2007
Didnt work for mine, so I took it back and exchanged it for a new one today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.