Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeanw

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
ky.
I have yet after all these years figured out why when I send emails why they don't show up in my :sent folder? what am I not doing? thanks y'all

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
Who is your email provider? They should automatically appear in the sent folder without you having to do anything.

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
Assuming you are using apple mail and configured using an IMAP email service? ( apple mail?, gmail? other?) you should check the "outgoing" server and mailbox settings - make sure the mailbox folders are correct - that would be a good place to start

mailbox-settings.png

jeanw

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
ky.
thank y'all But my screen when I click on mail princes show similar kind of EXCEPT I dint see I cloud or sub Like "on MY MAC" how do you get that "window y'all show to come up ? did you interpose one screen shot over it?
In other words I just see the screen under that NOT the one showing. I cloud
Sent messages
New Folder
On My Mac
Sent
I do see that part like your little "blurb" looking illustration...
another Question how do you "column in typing? I push Tab but the cursor. I have to manually do so. Like I had to do to put the words above like I cloud, Sent messages
new Folder, On my Mac the under it 'sent" al this on my laptop keyboard
Thinking you and y'all in advance as Im almost a PECK TYPIST
Oh also I didn't get an email notifications that I had y'all replies. I guess I dint scroll down and check "receive email" the I posted this QUESTion to y'all "patient and kind"fellow Mac users

jeanw

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
ky.
ANYONE PLEASE tell me why my email screen. doesn't show "on MY MAC" like the love show .. thank y'all

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.