Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Maybe it's just a placebo, but ever since I turned off the battery % indicator last week, my 14 Pro seems to last a lot longer. I had been disappointed with the battery life ever since iOS 17 (and I ran the betas), and was having battery anxiety like never before. Turning off the indicator has made a perceived noticeable difference.

Battery health at 89%.

kinchee87

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2007
New Zealand
Maybe it's just a placebo, but ever since I turned off the battery % indicator last week, my 14 Pro seems to last a lot longer. I had been disappointed with the battery life ever since iOS 17 (and I ran the betas), and was having battery anxiety like never before. Turning off the indicator has made a perceived noticeable difference.

Battery health at 89%.
But seriously, have you tried that weird trick of using low power mode?

PegasusTenma

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2014
I have never turned on the percentage on purpose just because I know it would make me super anxious. Especially with a new device.

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
Ignorance is bliss... if you don’t see it it’s not there.

Apple could recommend and implement that! It would probably be better than their current recommendations. “Poor battery life after updating? Here: we have devised a cool mechanism: disable battery percentage and enable our new toggle! Set “Disable battery settings” to on! Now you can’t even look at your screen-on time, if you don’t know how much it lasts, then it can’t be poor... right? Right?”

Reactions: krvld
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.