Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bagelmaker

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
This is my first ipad. For those of you who've had an ipad for awhile, how important is the sleep/wake feature? Is it a make or break feature when choosing a case? Will I wear out my power and home buttons without it?

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
This is my first ipad. For those of you who've had an ipad for awhile, how important is the sleep/wake feature? Is it a make or break feature when choosing a case? Will I wear out my power and home buttons without it?

I used this on my iPad 2. The sleep/wake feature was convenient however I removed the cover because I didn't like the streaks it left on the screen. Anyway, I haven't noticed any excessive wear on my power or home buttons without it on my iPad 2 and now my iPad Mini. And I use my iPad a lot, all day, every day. My power button and home button get a lot of use daily and I haven't noticed any excessive signs of wear on either at all.

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
You will not wear out your power switch any more than you will wear out your sleep wake switch.

It's a convenience feature that goes along with an Apple Smart Cover.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
You will not wear out your power switch any more than you will wear out your sleep wake switch.

It's a convenience feature that goes along with an Apple Smart Cover.
Or any other cover where the mfr was able to figure out the magnet positions on the pad.....

pasadena

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
Seattle, WA
It's a nice feature, not a "make or break". However, once you're used to it, you don't want to go back ! Or at least I don't :p

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
It's a nice feature, not a "make or break". However, once you're used to it, you don't want to go back ! Or at least I don't :p

Agree, however, if similar quality/priced cases have it versus ones that don't (i.e. Speck FitFolio), then it becomes an issue IMO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.