Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkenvamp

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
well,my brother downloaded a game from a legal torrent and wanted to play it under bootcamp..anyway...the game comes in 44 .rar files..each is like 14mb..extracting gives me .bin files...im not so smart when trying to install a game...so for christ sake..would you help me before i go insane :rolleyes:

OMAC1A

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2006
You can also try burning the file to CD and then installing from a CD. You can use Nero or one of the other programs out there to do this. The short story is that the .CUE file turns the .BIN file into the correct image for burning to CD. When you use Nero you point it to the .CUE file and then the .CUE file points Nero to the .BIN file. Don't ask me why, but that's just how it's done with the files you have.

more info at the link below.

http://www.moviecodec.com/topics/1953p1.html

mahashel

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2005
"the lab"
I saw something similar a while back. I used WinRAR (was on a Windows box at the time.. *shudder*) to open the first segment. After that, WinRAR automagically opened all the subsequent 50-some segments and built one big directory with the uncompressed files. Honest.. it just did it on its own. It was beautiful. :)
Give it a go. Use a rar tool to start decompression on the first section and see if it does the whole shebang.

EDIT: Actually, I may have selected ALL the segments and told WinRAR to 'Extract'. I don't recall, exactly. Try it a couple different ways. You'll figure it out. It'll do it all on its own.. if you're worthy. ;)

mainomega

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
wow, i'm confused cuz people are recommending OS X and XP utilities.

Just use unrar and nero/alcohol/deamon to burn the bin/cue/iso and install

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
use unrarx (macosx) or winrar (windows) to open the .rar multiparts. either select the one that ends in .rar, or..well, select all and open, or whatever. depends on how they're split.

then use daemon tools in windows to mount the bin/cue to play the game without burning it. Use nero in windows or toast titanium on macosx to burn the game.

As for why a legal torrent of a game came in multipart rars...

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
If you do not have Toast nor want to burn a CD, if you have a large enough USB key you can try transferring the .bin file to your Mac. Rename the .bin to .iso, and nine times out of ten it will mount in the Finder. Just copy the files from the mounted image back to your USB key and you can install from the setup.exe or install.exe file.

Care to give a link to the legal torrent, so that we can all have a look at this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.