Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

InuNacho

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 24, 2008
In that one place
My beloved 2012 cMBP is getting a bit long in the tooth, weak battery life, and is pretty hefty compared to modern equivalents. The current Apple lineup just doesn't look that appealing and I'm looking at buying my first ever PC. I like the offerings by Microsoft with the Surface Laptop 3 looking to be the sweetspot for price to performance.

I'm not one to subscribe to Adobe's subscription model and am actively trying out different applications, that being said my bread and butter is still the ole' Adobe CS6 Suite and LR6 combo. How are these two handling higher-res screens and changes in Windows 10?

Steve Adams

Suspended
Dec 16, 2020
No issues with either. I am not an adobe subscription user. I use affinity suite for my work. Congrats on the new machine. Check the XPS lineup too. They are probably the best overall windows based pc comparable to macbooks. Build quality, speed, battery life etc are all great. Plus the new 17" is killer. The microsoft stuff is great too, don't get me wrong. I just like the overall upgradability of the bigger xps machines. Let us know what you buy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.