Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

!!!

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2013
I haven't deleted individual texts for a good few years, since after iOS 7 (I think) it became insanely difficult to delete texts, where scrolling up and causing the app to load it would unselect all texts.

Anyways, I thought, surely this would be fixed by now! Apparently not. iOS 16.3.1 and it still resets all my selected texts while scrolling up. Worse yet, it seems to preload in the background, which means that even when I finished scrolling and started deleting, it could reset all my selected messages.

If that wasn't annoying enough, it also seems like every time you confirm deleting the messages, it skips to the bottom. So now I have to scroll back up all the way to start deleting more (because I can't just delete bottom up otherwise it unselects them).

Someone please tell me how this is still in this pathetic state after 9 years?!

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
My guess is that most users don't manually delete such messages one by one. They either delete the latest messages so little to no scrolling is needed, or have auto delete enabled. Or they just delete the entire conversation manually. I generally only delete spam messages.

In other words it's probably not a priority to Apple.

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
My guess is that most users don't manually delete such messages one by one. They either delete the latest messages so little to no scrolling is needed, or have auto delete enabled. Or they just delete the entire conversation manually. I generally only delete spam messages.

In other words it's probably not a priority to Apple.

I think most users behavior are in line with yours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.