Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yuvaloni

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
Those of you who use magic keyboard or Smart Keyboard Folio or really any accessory that uses The Smart Connector - how are the Smart Connector Contacts on your iPad holding up? are there any wear marks or scratches on them?

dz5b609

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2019
I mean they're going to scratch, friction = scratching. So if you use it often and long enough you gonna see wear marks on them.

yuvaloni

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
I mean they're going to scratch, friction = scratching. So if you use it often and long enough you gonna see wear marks on them.
I was actually hoping that apple would see that issue coming up and plan ahead, using a softer material for The pins on the keyboard itself to make sure that the keyboard takes most (if not all) of the wear, ensuring The connector iPad has a longer lifespan

dz5b609

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2019
I was actually hoping that apple would see that issue coming up and plan ahead, using a softer material for The pins on the keyboard itself to make sure that the keyboard takes most (if not all) of the wear, ensuring The connector iPad has a longer lifespan
I mean pins are made of a soft material (copper), but again friction = wear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.