Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How is DP1 running for you?

• Smooth

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Somewhat Smooth

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • So-So

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Horrific

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters

SmOgER

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
In general it could be smoother, but it's OK.

But if we take into consideration that it's only first build, I'am happy. ;)
For DP, it doesn't have THAT many bugs actually. It can be even used as daily if you insist.

dmccloud

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
In general it could be smoother, but it's OK.

But if we take into consideration that it's only first build, I'am happy. ;)
For DP, it doesn't have THAT many bugs actually.

It's definitely much more responsive and fluid than Mavericks was in DP1.

cammykool

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2011
Anaheim, California
i didn't join the mavericks party until DP2 my only gripe is the battery indicator seems to be off. the little LEDs on the side on my Macbook are still accurate though. (why did they ever remove those)

Fusilero

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2014
London
Somewhat smooth. No crashes or anything to report - although unfortunately battery life (Late 2013 rMBP) seems to have taken a hit. GPU temps up from around 40C idle in Mavericks to around 55C in Yosemite (even with just Iris Pro).

I'm sure it will all improve as the months go by though!

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Somewhat smooth. No crashes or anything to report - although unfortunately battery life (Late 2013 rMBP) seems to have taken a hit. GPU temps up from around 40C idle in Mavericks to around 55C in Yosemite (even with just Iris Pro).

I'm sure it will all improve as the months go by though!

My MBA battery seems to have taken a hit also. In Mavericks the indicator would easily show 13hrs or so, now I'm looking at 9.

springsup

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2013
It's OK. There are some things that I really like (such as much smoother pinch-zooming in Safari).

However, there are some general oddities and crashes. The new folders look downright disgusting, icon labels on the desktop are barely readable, and text in general seems to have become much smaller (there's no option to specify a minimum font size before, used to be in System Preferences -> General).

I've been reporting bugs. Let's hope they get fixed.

I'd recommend the QuickRadar app for people testing Yosemite. Make sure you get those bug reports in!

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
My computer is a 13" 2012 cMBP (see sig) and for the most part, it is perfectly smooth. There are some minor areas where there is a bit of lag, but that is fine. Things start getting bad when I plug in my external monitor. When I do that, the lag gets about three times worse when I do things like open mission control or launchpad, or opening and closing tabs in safari. It is almost like my computer is having a hard time driving that display. Boot times are a little bit slower, as well as shutdowns, but I don't do either of those very often at all. Oh, and I have actually gained about an hour of battery life after installing yosemite. With about 75% screen brightness and only surfing the web with iTunes and Messages opened in the background, I am getting about 5 hours of battery life VS 4 hours on Mavericks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.