Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How is Messages in iCloud working for you?

• Total voters

walt7788

macrumors member
Original poster
May 7, 2012
I thought an informal poll about Messages in iCloud might be useful in determining how good (or bad) this feature is....

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
I'm not sure when this started but I'm on 11.4.1 with messages in iCloud turned on and I have a constant issue with my devices receiving iMessages and not getting the notification or the red bubble. I could receive an iMessage, not get notified and then open the app and see it just sitting there. At first I thought it might be an issue with my service with T-Mobile as it is moderate to weak at work but it happens at home with good signal as well. Also happens with wifi turned on too. I think it started with 11.4.1 so I'm gonna try iOS 12 beta to see if it helps once they re-release the new beta hopefully in a few days.

Also have an issue on my Mac where i close the messages app and open it back up and received messages just disappear from the last convo and don't come back.

Reactions: Mlrollin91

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
Every once in a while I'll open a conversation on my phone and it'll only show like the last two messages, until it manages to load the rest. Otherwise, pretty smooth sailing on my Macs and iPhone.

thewhitehart

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2005
The town without George Bailey
When I delete an iMessage conversation on one device, it will delete it across all devices. But when I delete an SMS or MMS message on one device, it won't delete from the others. Has anyone had this problem?

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I had an issue when I first turn it on there was some messages "stuck" in my iCloud that wouldn't delete. I turned messages in iCloud one device at a time before I found one of my iPads was the issue and once it turned off all the storage cleared. From there I just deleted all my messages on that device and let it sync to the others.

Since then everything has been completely flawless. But because of that I did vote "minor issues".
[doublepost=1534556039][/doublepost]
When I delete an iMessage conversation on one device, it will delete it across all devices. But when I delete an SMS or MMS message on one device, it won't delete from the others. Has anyone had this problem?

Just checked by deleting a SMS (from my local power utility letting me know of a energy savings day) on my iPhone and it was immediately deleted from both my iPads.

I got this message prior to deleting the SMS as well, do you?

IMG_5115.PNG

Arcade

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Bronx, NY
No issues here.

Works great with my iPad and iPhone and I’m sure it will work great when I get my Apple Watch tomorrow.

fountaineer

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2008
When the imessage icloud feature is turned on does it upload all the messages? everything?
does it work with regular green messages too?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.