Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ProQuiz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2009
According to the official qBittorrent website, the macOS version is "barely supported." Does this mean the macOS version is full of bugs and whatnot? What is the best or most preferred torrent client on macOS?

1703969707849.png

alembic

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2005

I've used BiglyBT daily for the past several years. It's a bit of a beast as a Java client, but I'm happy with it.

ovbacon

Suspended
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
I currently am seeding >6TB with qBittorrent v4.6.2 and I've used qb for a long time. I think it is one of the best and most stable to have on a mac. I use it on multiple different mac's from a 2015 MBA to a mini M2.

Reactions: madeirabhoy

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
I’ve been using qBittorrent every day since uTorrent stopped making a macOS app.
The only serious bug I’ve noticed during this time was a crash when using “Open destination folder”. It’s fixed now.
qbittorrent 4.6.2 lt20

ProQuiz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2009
I’ve been using qBittorrent every day since uTorrent stopped making a macOS app.
The only serious bug I’ve noticed during this time was a crash when using “Open destination folder”. It’s fixed now.
qbittorrent 4.6.2 lt20
Have you tried Transmission? If yes, how did it compare to qBittorrent on macOS?

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
Have you tried Transmission? If yes, how did it compare to qBittorrent on macOS?
I have Transmission installed, but I rarely use it. It does’t have certain features, like selecting the network interface. In qBittorrent I can restrict the connection to the VPN connection (Settings – Advanced – Network interface).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.