Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeS.7456

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2017
I am a little hard of hearing and am worried about the speakerphone and ringer ?

Are they are loud as the 5S?

Also if anyone knows, how is the battery life, could I last a whole day. My daily calls average about 1 hour and 40 min.

Thank you for your time and have a great day.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The battery life on the SE is much improved over the 5S. The SE is rated for 14 hours of talk time. So you wouldn't have any issues as far as the call times.

When I did own the iPhone SE, the one feature I was not to appreciative was the speaker volume. I tend to use my phone calls on speaker and being its a smaller phone, the quality was not nearly what I wanted it to be. I feel the iPhone 7/7 Plus are far superior with the speaker quality In comparison.

The iPhone ringer is fairly loud. You just have to adjust the volume is loud as you so wish. It's just the speaker call quality was not as loud as I wanted it to be.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Speaker volume can't be increased and also depends on the particular connection. You can, however, create a ringtone that will be much louder than any of the stock ones.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Speaker volume can't be increased and also depends on the particular connection. You can, however, create a ringtone that will be much louder than any of the stock ones.
Why can't the volume be increased (or decreased) given that there are volume controls for speakerphone, ringer, etc.?

NoCleverSNForMe

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2003
I don't know what the previous poster intended, so I'll share my experience: it's not that the volume can't be increased/decreased, it's that the maximum speakerphone volume is not very high.

Having owned a 5s prior to this, they improved the battery life significantly, increased the ringtone volume, however the speakerphone feels identical to the 5s (not great compared to 6/6s/7 and Plus models).

Hope that helps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.