Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snow755

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
Is any one out there testing window phone 10 Os on there. Nokia 830 if so how stable. Is it been wanting too install it on my but want too here some feedback from others sould I install now or wait for the next build?

xARx2

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2014
I have a NL635 with the "Fast Insider" option, so I can't offer complete advice. However, I had it on my daily driver for a few weeks. It is very unstable, and it takes getting used to the common freezes and crashes, etc. I also notices that many apps do not work, and a few of the stock apps are broken, like lock screen settings. I did welcome the new features, however, and if the phone you plan on installing the Beta on is not your main device, I would suggest that you do install it. For me, it got too crash-prone, and I had to revert to my Technical Preview for WP 8.1. For the few weeks I had Windows 10 for Phones, I got used to the additions, but since come of the apps that I need were not ready and compatible for the Beta, I was forced to downgrade.
I sincerely hope this helps, and if you have any other questions pertaining to the aforementioned issue and anything WP related, feel free to ask!

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
I'm already having a tough time installing apps with the 635. Keeps saying "Microsoft account service unavailable right now. Try again later." Been like this since last night. I tried relogging into the Microsoft account and nothing. I used to love WP but now think it is crap with not enough apps and features. The hardware is ok for a $50 device. But now this issue where I can't install apps and the browsing crashes. I worry streaming on mobile YouTube because it likely boots me out again. I think WP 8.1 is rubbish.

Any suggestions?

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
I'm already having a tough time installing apps with the 635. Keeps saying "Microsoft account service unavailable right now. Try again later." Been like this since last night. I tried relogging into the Microsoft account and nothing. I used to love WP but now think it is crap with not enough apps and features. The hardware is ok for a $50 device. But now this issue where I can't install apps and the browsing crashes. I worry streaming on mobile YouTube because it likely boots me out again. I think WP 8.1 is rubbish.

Any suggestions?

What?

Throw Out

macrumors regular
May 12, 2012
Germany/Brazil
/Offtopic
Unfortunately my 01 week old 830 screen is coming off!!! Also, the back-cover is making annoying noises. Nokia will repair the phone in 2 - 15 days. A little worried about the phone I received; lets see everything works out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.