Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CharlieBrown-DE

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Germany
Hello Folks,

how is your feedback for iOS9b1 on iPad Air 2?

Any really big issues? Battery drain?

Thanks and have a nice day!

kevroc

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
Stable enough, but battery drain is crazy fast. Less than an hour using it and I'm down to 60%.

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
Some slight lag on the homescreen. Picture in Picture is awesome, though.
Battery is slightly worse, but to be expected on beta software.

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
Can you do Picture In Picture while you have Split Screen going on?
Yes, you can.

PgmaDGl.jpg

darkfiber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Columbus, OH USA
I installed it on my iPad Air 2 (As an upgrade from iOS 8.4 Beta 4) just to play around the new features and then I planned to restore back to the previous version I was running since I knew as a beta 1 it would be buggy. My iPad ran pretty hot after I installed it, and the battery drained pretty fast, but then it cool down after a while. Some of my apps crashed on launch, some of the new multi tasking features like split screen are buggy, the picture and picture video is buggy (I couldn't go back to full screen after I put the video in PiP mode) etc. as I expected a beta 1 to be. So right now I'm restoring back to iOS 8.4 Beta 4 which has been very stable for me. There isn't much terribly exciting for me in iOS 9.0 unfortunately (except maybe the system optimization) so I can wait for the release version in the fall.

Reactions: The Doctor11

CharlieBrown-DE

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Germany
OK, I did it ;)

I have no battery drain at all on my iPad Air2 Wifi! Yesterday evening went to bed at 83%, this morning it was 82!!

Mail is slow and sometimes shows no content of the mail. Split screen sometimes a little bit slow but in general for me OK to keep it to beta2! :D

Reactions: NoWayBehind
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.