Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lonewolf1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2018
Recently picked up space gray iPhone X and would like to know how it has been holding up for those who got it at launch day. Has the screen got burn-ins, have the buttons gone mushy? These are things I would really hate to happen.

Last edited:

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
Mine is holding up great, as I've kept it in a case with a tempered glass screen protector since day one. My battery capacity is down to 96% and I'm debating having the battery swapped before the $29 fee goes back up, since I'll be keeping the phone for another year.

fongyuen

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2007
Mine is in tip top condition as well, had it since January. Also used tempered glass screen protector and case since day 1, no flaking on the frame either.

Reactions: macsplusmacs

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I’ve had my Space Gray X since launch and it still looks brand new. I’ve had a case and tempered glass protector since day 1. I dropped it a few times but don’t have any scratches or nicks. The buttons still work as if I just took it out the box. I will get the battery replaced before December 31st, since my battery is now at 91%

Reactions: macsplusmacs

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68030
Feb 15, 2015
Canada
Recently picked up space gray iPhone X and would like to know how it has been holding up for those who got it at launch day. Has the screen got burn-ins, have the buttons gone mushy? These are things I would really hate to happen.
Little on-screen scratches

m0sher

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2018
Put mine in an OtterBox Symmetry case and slapped Zagg HD glass protection day one and looks like brand new when I take it out to clean it. Not one scratch.

Almost 7 months and I am still very happy with my iPhone X.

Just as fast as day one and about to get faster on iOS 12.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jetcat3

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The Only issues I have heard so far with the iPhone X has been with the PVD coating on the space gray version not being entirely durable (Peeling/flaking/), perhaps Apple might be able to improve upon that for future iPhone models if they use PVD again.

Reactions: Vampire14

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Apr 11, 2014
USA
It’s all right. Not bad but not great. Scratches, nicks, normal stuff.

The performance is fine. Everything works.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
I'm actually pretty amazed.

My launch day still looks like it just came out of the box. Normally, by now, it'd be covered in scratches and chips. This thing has taken a couple of face-down falls onto a tiled floor and doesn't have a mark on it.

It's certainly more resilient than other iPhones

Hoyboy

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
The Only issues I have heard so far with the iPhone X has been with the PVD coating on the space gray version not being entirely durable (Peeling/flaking/), perhaps Apple might be able to improve upon that for future iPhone models if they use PVD again.

Yeah I can vouch for this. The coating has started discolouring on the mute switch of mine as well as little specks near the speakers.

(FYI I keep mine in a Apple leather case)

Jetcat3

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2015
I’ve had my space gray since launch in an Apple silicon case and it still looks brand new. The AMOLED panel has held up very well with not a hint of burn-in. I’m impressed!

KavalierMalta

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2017
Malta
iPhone bought at launch day. Body is in perfect condition no scratches etc. Protected by a BODYGUARDZ case. Battery is at 98% condition.

Last edited:

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
From what I have seen, the SGs are holding u pa lot better than the white ones.

My silver iPhone X is holding up very well. I've got it in an Apple leather case with a glass screen protector though. I really like being able to polish out small scratches on the stainless steel band at which point it looks pristine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.