Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3GEE

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2009
New iPad user here (wonderful device). I haven't been able to yet find how large the book files are. I can see the file size on every other app before downloading but not the books. I'm on a pretty small daily download limit and need to know approximately how many books I can download. Many thanks.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Books are really not that big unless they are illustrated. The bible is less than 2MB. Opening a web page with a few pictures would probably eat up more of your download allowance than a regular book.

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
New iPad user here (wonderful device). I haven't been able to yet find how large the book files are. I can see the file size on every other app before downloading but not the books. I'm on a pretty small daily download limit and need to know approximately how many books I can download. Many thanks.

Tons and Tons!

Consider that a Kindle 2 that comes with 2 Gig of Ram can hold approximately 1,600 books, just imagine how many ebooks you could put on your iPad.;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.