Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glambutnerdy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 2, 2020
the clouds
Not going to lie, not feeling the pastels.

So washed out and sad looking. The pink is the only one that seems to show a bit of colour, but I see myself getting sick of the glitz-glam-sprinkle-sprinkle after three days MAX (it already makes me nauseous from photos).

It’s really a disappointment, just in the year I’d planned on an upgrade too… like the 14 lineup was gorgeous as usual and now this?

I can’t go neutral and just get the black, buying a new iphone is a momentous occasion and you need some colour to make it exciting!!! If I wanted boring I’d just get an android (no offence enthusiasts of darkness).

Green is actually a nice minty colour but I hate the difference in colour between the camera and the rest of the body. In fact a main reason why I hate the pastels is because the light body just looks…. wrong, out of place when you have the entire front screen black. The contrast is unfitting and IMV not pleasing to the eye.

Rant over. I AM COUNTING ON A SPRING SURPRISE!!!! I want a red phone damn it.

LacrosseChic

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2022
I am wondering this myself. I have a 14 pro max that I love but my job is now starting to entertain the idea of issuing work phones for everyone. If so I am thinking about getting the 15 plus and I would like more options. If not I will probably get the pink

Reactions: glambutnerdy

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
Not going to lie, not feeling the pastels.

So washed out and sad looking. The pink is the only one that seems to show a bit of colour, but I see myself getting sick of the glitz-glam-sprinkle-sprinkle after three days MAX (it already makes me nauseous from photos).

It’s really a disappointment, just in the year I’d planned on an upgrade too… like the 14 lineup was gorgeous as usual and now this?

I can’t go neutral and just get the black, buying a new iphone is a momentous occasion and you need some colour to make it exciting!!! If I wanted boring I’d just get an android (no offence enthusiasts of darkness).

Green is actually a nice minty colour but I hate the difference in colour between the camera and the rest of the body. In fact a main reason why I hate the pastels is because the light body just looks…. wrong, out of place when you have the entire front screen black. The contrast is unfitting and IMV not pleasing to the eye.

Rant over. I AM COUNTING ON A SPRING SURPRISE!!!! I want a red phone damn it.

You’ll likely see a red iPhone 15 in March/April. But if it does come out, expect the red to be washed out too.

Apple$

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2021
I have a hard time deciding which colour I should choose for my iPhone 15, but I am leaning towards pink because it is my favourite colour. (Even though I am a guy, lol) I feel like the current crop of colours is too "white". My second choice would be maybe, the green. The blue seems too white for my tastes, yellow, not a fan, and black, too boring and I wanted to change things up as every phone since the S8 was black.

LacrosseChic

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2022
If my work decides the accounting department is important enough to get work phones 😅, then I think the pink 15 plus is my best option

Reactions: glambutnerdy

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
Rather than clutter the forum with a new thread I thought I'd revive this one.

I know we already got some 'spring' cases for the iPhone 15, but is there any noise about the iPhone 15 pro getting a mid-year colour update? It's been pretty consistent the last few years and with the apparently poor sales in regions like China, a mid-year colour is always a good way to boost sales. I mean the last few years were dropped on these dates so there's still time, I guess?

iPhone 12 had a lavender purple colour on 30th April 2021

iPhone 13 and 13 Pro had a forest green on 18th March 2022

iPhone 14 had a custard yellow on March 14th 2023

My personal interest is that my wife loves the forest green iPhones but everything's a bit grey this year. She swore off the 15 pro after disliking all the grey variations. She's still rocking the 11 Pro in green so it's had a good innings.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
Rather than clutter the forum with a new thread I thought I'd revive this one.

I know we already got some 'spring' cases for the iPhone 15, but is there any noise about the iPhone 15 pro getting a mid-year colour update? It's been pretty consistent the last few years and with the apparently poor sales in regions like China, a mid-year colour is always a good way to boost sales. I mean the last few years were dropped on these dates so there's still time, I guess?

iPhone 12 had a lavender purple colour on 30th April 2021

iPhone 13 and 13 Pro had a forest green on 18th March 2022

iPhone 14 had a custard yellow on March 14th 2023

My personal interest is that my wife loves the forest green iPhones but everything's a bit grey this year. She swore off the 15 pro after disliking all the grey variations. She's still rocking the 11 Pro in green so it's had a good innings.

Honestly it seems unlikely. Personally I’m satisfied what Apple has to offer for the 15 in terms of the colour options. If we were to get the reds, dark greens/blues - they will all look washed out, most likely. I hope Apple goes back to the drawing block and comes up with darker and punchy colours for the 16.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.