Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

treeka79

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2005
I have a 2GHZ Powermac G5 that i bought about 5 months ago.
I have absolutely no problems with it at all, but i'd still like to buy the extended warrenty.

Someone told me that if i want to buy the extented AppleCare Warrenty i have to do it within the first 6 months, and if you purchase it too late, they won't let you use it.
Is this true???

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
Jaffa Cake said:
If memory serves, you can buy AppleCare at any point before your computer's 12 month regular warranty expires.

That's true, you can buy up till 12 months after purchase. Some people have had stuff-ups though, so it's probably best to give yourself at least a month's breathing time.

Also, (though I've yet to do it myself), buying Applecare does entitle you to more than the regular "limited" warranty, (such as next day collection and delivery for a repair, free and unlimited technical advice which costs otherwise and more). For a desktop, that isn't all that easy to carry to a store with a problem, I'd probably aim to take out Applecare as soon as I could afford it. Certainly, it's not a great idea to buy it on the last day of your regular warranty.

If you registered your Mac the day you got it, you'll know exactly when the warranty runs out. If you're unsure, go to the Apple support pages and do the serial number check.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.