Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tpouliot

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
14th Street NYC, 9:30AM - 6PM (8.5 hours)
----
Apple gave out cookies and water
People bought large pizzas and shared with others in line.
Other companies brought energy drinks, teas, etc for promo...

After I left at 6PM, the line was just as long as it was when I got there at 9:30. Granted there were times with 1+ hours of no movement due to system crashes, but in any case it was a LONG day!!!

FSUSem1noles

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
AT&T, 7:30pm last night > 8:00am this morning.. I was 4th in line.. I really wanted to be first.. I should have stayed the first time I went there..

Blaunerts

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2008
Miami
Coral springs, Florida waited only 4 hours. Got there 4:45 and left around 8:45. I was number 36 in line and left right before the systems started to crash.. I think I jinxed it. LOL :D

80s Fan

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2008
Apple Store, Towson, MD - I got there at 5:00 AM, so I waited 3 hours. From what I hear, the first guy got there around 9:00 AM Thursday and the second guy got there about 8:30 PM Thursday.

PJF13

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2007
8 hours; roughly 12AM - 8AM, Ellsworth, Maine. I think I was 6th in line. I had a great time getting to know some really great people and getting a VERY cool white iPhone! :D

albeli

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2008
Here
ATT store, Rio Grande Valley, Texas

Got there 7:15
Left (with one of the last iPhones) at 9:45

So 2 1/2 hours

They gave out bottled water

ipodtouchy333

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2007
US
4 hours total.

Got to AT&T store at 8 (bad idea) and after seeing the line there headed straight to Apple store. Got to Apple at 8:30 and waited 4 hours and walked out with my new iPhone! Apple handed out SmartWater and donuts but it was my first time lining up for something that exciting and I will definitely do it again!

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I arrived at the Tysons Corner (VA) Apple store at around 5:20-5:30 AM and walked in the door of the store as part of the first group of people (I was 34th or 35th in line) at 8:00 AM. The time really went quickly and I enjoyed every bit of the experience of hanging out with others who were excited about the iPhone and/or Apple products in general. I think my actual transaction within the Apple store (buying the iPhone and accessories, activating the iPhone) probably took 15-20 minutes, maybe a little longer, but then after that was done I spent quite some time on my own trying to decide which case to buy for my new jewel.

gildog

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2008
I live here in Tucson, AZ and I got there at at 3AM and was 2nd in line. It was fun after the rain let up.

oldschooldude

macrumors regular
May 31, 2008
In the Land of OZ
4+ hours.

I went to an ATT store here in Overland Park, KS... arrived at 5:15 this morning, was number 47 in line. ATT folks started offering bottled water around 6:30. I was in the store by 9:20 and back out the door around 9:40. Except for the "unbricking" not working, it wasn't too bad of an experience.

Thank goodness the weather was pleasantly cool; overcast and light breeze even after the sun came up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.