Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DylPickle85

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Hey guys,
I've installed invisibleShield on atleast 3 or 4 devices in the past few years, all with perfect results.

I got one for the rear of my iPhone 3GS, and installed it this past weekend, and was having the hardest time working out all of the bubbles/inconsistencies for some reason. I don't remember it being this difficult to look perfect. My installation was on Saturday, and today (Wednesday, 4 days later), micro bubbles and surface irregularities are still apparent.

Anyone dealt with it taking this long? Should I wait longer, or rip it off and reinstall?

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Hey guys,
I've installed invisibleShield on atleast 3 or 4 devices in the past few years, all with perfect results.

I got one for the rear of my iPhone 3GS, and installed it this past weekend, and was having the hardest time working out all of the bubbles/inconsistencies for some reason. I don't remember it being this difficult to look perfect. My installation was on Saturday, and today (Wednesday, 4 days later), micro bubbles and surface irregularities are still apparent.

Anyone dealt with it taking this long? Should I wait longer, or rip it off and reinstall?

Mine was only less than a day, yours though is really quite long. You might want a replacement to be sent for that one.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
What I always do when I install these is wrap the phone really tight in saran wrap for a bit.

When you do that after it starts to adhere the stuff sits perfectly after. Try wrapping it in that for a little bit.

DylPickle85

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
What I always do when I install these is wrap the phone really tight in saran wrap for a bit.

When you do that after it starts to adhere the stuff sits perfectly after. Try wrapping it in that for a little bit.

Think that could help even after this amount of time, or only when first installing?

I'm going to give it another few days and then think about getting a replacement.

TehBest

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2009
Well, I've installed shields on all my iphones and macbooks and I usually do it at night and let it dry up overnight. (9+hours)

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Think that could help even after this amount of time, or only when first installing?

I'm going to give it another few days and then think about getting a replacement.

I think it could still help. Heat it up a bit with a hair dryer, then wrap it tight.

daveishere

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
UK
getting it looking perfect was quite easy i found because the liquid gives you a hell of a lot of leniancy compared to, say, a screen protector. I'd say leave it over night to see the true results of installation, it should look pretty damn good by the morning!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.