Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macktheknife

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 24, 2002
Out of curiousity, does anyone know how long--on average--it takes for the Apple Store online to fulfill an order? I'm just wondering what the experience of Apple Store online shoppers has been. I had just placed an order for a 550/512/30 TiBook on Monday night. It is currently "being assembled." I am not impatient (I was fully aware of the potential 7 day wait time), but just curious what the experience of other shoppers have been. Thanks.

astronun

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2001
store

It depends on how many people ordered the same configed Powerbook as you did. First come, first shipped

evanmarx

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2001
Switzerland
jeez

jesus ... i'm sitting here in switzerland .....

and i just ordered the dual Ghz 20 mins ago ... my apple reseller has already all nww powermacs on store ... that means i'll have them in 2 days ... and that only 4 days after their first presentation on the apple site ... man! that is unheard!!! imac2 still 3-4 weeks wait ...

i'm NOT fooling with your heads!

check yourselves ... btw they only deliver to switzerland ;-)
http://www.architronic.ch/macshop/index.html

L

littlejim

Re: How Long Does Apple Take to Build a Mac?

Originally posted by macktheknife
Out of curiousity, does anyone know how long--on average--it takes for the Apple Store online to fulfill an order? I'm just wondering what the experience of Apple Store online shoppers has been. I had just placed an order for a 550/512/30 TiBook on Monday night. It is currently "being assembled." I am not impatient (I was fully aware of the potential 7 day wait time), but just curious what the experience of other shoppers have been. Thanks.

Here in UK -

Placed order for Dual 1Ghz with AppleStore online on Monday PM.
They called me today (Wednesday) AM to confirm CC/Del details.
It's in the 'post' 6 hours later ....

For once I'm impressed - it took AppleStore FOUR WEEKS to ship my 10.1 update CD!!

LittleJim
----------

He's fallen in the water

evanmarx

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2001
Switzerland
waht's going on

this is like straight out of the Twilight Zone ...

1. Monday: Apple presents the new Powermacs

2. Tuesday: I see tha prices at my Apple Dealer

3. Wednesday:I switch from 933 to DualGhz (pure lust)
4. Wed evening: I order my machine
5. Wed night: I pay my machine by online banking

6. Thursday: Pure Agony ...

7. Friday morning 8.30 AM: BINGO!!! The Postman brings my DualGhz!!

This is record breaking by Apple ... never have gotten any Dell machine faster than that ...

liven2

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2002
Bonney Lake, WA
I can not stand it!!

I ordered my dual gig machine with airport card and 250zip drive, 17 inch LCD display, formac studio, sound sticks, and ipod on Weds morning.. I checked today and it is stillunder review.. UHHHGGG!! I canot take this I can hardly wait I am going nuts .. How long will i wait really.. HOw did youget yours soo fast.... :( I am bummed!!!!! HELP MEEEEEEEE .. stop the pain!!! :p

evanmarx

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2001
Switzerland
Re: I can not stand it!!

Originally posted by liven2
HOw did youget yours soo fast.... :( I am bummed!!!!! HELP MEEEEEEEE .. stop the pain!!! :p

i did not use the apple store, but an apple reseller ... so i could check if they had the machines on stock ... and they did ...so cash --> bing!

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
I ordered my 1Ghz tower + apple declined the order!! Anyway, I fixed the problem, then re-ordered (on friday) and it still says under review! How long will this stay like this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.