Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 6, 2005
Bay Area
Guess what... I already have to get my PB repaired. Yay ! :(

Basically I have an iffy keyboard... It sucks. The tab button is obnoxiously loud and my "I" fails to respond if pressed in the wrong angle and my right arrow is ever-so-slightly above the rest of the other keys. Also my PB fails to play audio from its speakers if headphones are inserted, then removed. I have to half-insert, and remove the headphones to get my audio back... Ugh...

I plan to go to the SF Apple store in person.
So the questions:

Will Apple repair it on the spot?

If they have to send it back, how long would that take? And would I have to pick it back up in person, or do I have to go there?

Is the faulty headphone port attatched to the logic board? If so, would this mean a that I'd need to get another one? I don't like the idea of getting a refurbished board... So I hope not.

Would these issues warrent an entire HD backup?

If so, my other computer is a PC, with 128GB free (It has 2 HDs, one is 80GB (50 GB free), and the other is 200GB, 128 free [Slave drive]). This means its formatted as NTFS... How would I go about backing up my entire Mac HD?

I can't believe I already have to go through this. I got my PB around the end of may...

Thanks

EDIT: I think I put this in the wrong place... Sorry mods, feel free to move it to its appropriate spot.

itsbetteronamac

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2003
OK... I am not sure if it needs to get sent out, but if it does, you're gonna be outta luck for a little while. I need to get my pb repaired too, but because of the hurrican, the houston plant has been completely evacuated and all air shipments have been stopped. So I wouldn't worry about taking it in for like another week or so. I am supposed to send my Apple Store Guy a e-mail later in the week to get an update about when I should come in. So, yeah I would call the Apple store before you do anything. Oh, and sent out repairs are usually estimated at 7-10 days. ;)

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 6, 2005
Bay Area
itsbetteronamac said:
OK... I am not sure if it needs to get sent out...

You're not sure as in "It doesn't need a repair, because its still fully functional" or "I'm not sure they're going to sent it out to get it fixed"

Really though. These are more of an annoyance than actual problems.
I've actually had these issues for a while, but I finnaly have a whole week off, I got to go back to school on the 3rd...

itsbetteronamac

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2003
I mean I don't know if it has to get sent out or not. Apple Care and or the 1 year warrenty covers pretty much everything except dead pixels. The audio problem would be the major thing, and the keyboard problem is one of those "while you're at it" kinda things. So hope that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.