Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stevessvt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
How long does it take to process a refund of AppleCare+ usually? I traded in my 12 Pro Max on September 24 on my 13PM, and cancelled my AC+ that day, receiving an email with how much the refund will be, and it also said it would take 4 business days to process back to my Apple Card. No refund by business day 5, so I called and they said it could take up to a week. On day 9 I called and they said it could take 14 days. Today is day 14 and I called and now they are saying 30 days! That seems incredibly excessive for a refund of any sort these days. It’s never taken more Han a week for any refund for me, let alone on a Apple product being refunded back to an Apple Card. How long has it taken others to be refunded back for an AppleCare?

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
I didn't even realize AppleCare was refundable. So you can cancel it at any time during the 2-year period and get a prorated refund?

If I were you, I'd be insisting they escalate the situation to someone higher up that you can talk to, as that is indeed a ridiculous amount of time to wait for a refund.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
How long does it take to process a refund of AppleCare+ usually? I traded in my 12 Pro Max on September 24 on my 13PM, and cancelled my AC+ that day, receiving an email with how much the refund will be, and it also said it would take 4 business days to process back to my Apple Card. No refund by business day 5, so I called and they said it could take up to a week. On day 9 I called and they said it could take 14 days. Today is day 14 and I called and now they are saying 30 days! That seems incredibly excessive for a refund of any sort these days. It’s never taken more Han a week for any refund for me, let alone on a Apple product being refunded back to an Apple Card. How long has it taken others to be refunded back for an AppleCare?
I did this a few months ago when I traded in my MBP, I actually talked to them on the phone and I opted for a gift card for the refund and I received it via email within a couple hours or so ... I can't remember the details but I was actually talking to 2nd level support

3Rock

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2021
Just a heads up. If you purchase apple care plus on a monthly subscription in the future, you can go into your subscriptions and cancel it from there. That’s the way I use it now. It will stay in effect until the full 30 days subscription is up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.