Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many credit/debit cards do you have linked to Apple Pay?

• Total voters

quietstormSD

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 2, 2010
San Diego, CA
I have 6 linked to my Apple Pay on my iPhone. It maybe over doing it. I have one credit card that I use daily and one debit card that I usually use on a regular basis, so I probably only need 2. But I figure I put all that I can, because you never know. Kinda like me and apps on my iPhone.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
One debit, one credit, which is all the cards I have. Apple Pay only came to Canada fairly recently, so it's still not supported in a lot of places. Some places don't even know that they support it. I've pulled out my phone to pay for things and had the cashier look at me like I just performed magic.

deany

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2012
North Wales
I have one Lloyds Bank debit Mastercard.
Also a Lloyds Bank credit Mastercard for emergencies which fortunately I've never needed to use.
I tend to be influenced by retailers that accept apple pay / contactless and tend to gravitate towards these retailers.

Last edited:

Msail30bay

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2014
Penn., USA
Just three credit cards and one debit card, plus rewards..... All of which I never use on the iPhone. Always swipe and/or handover cards. Don't see the point/use of the Wallet app.

RedOrchestra

Suspended
Aug 13, 2012
Apple Pay only came to Canada fairly recently, so it's still not supported in a lot of places.

It's absolutely supported everywhere (with few exceptions i.e. real restaurants and maybe some mom & pop country stores) on the merchant side and I think only Credit Unions are left to sign on, on the financial side.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
It's absolutely supported everywhere (with few exceptions i.e. real restaurants and maybe some mom & pop country stores) on the merchant side and I think only Credit Unions are left to sign on, on the financial side.

No, it's not. Not everyone has card readers that support tap.

Reactions: canuckRus

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Just one and I never use it as nobody accepts it, really lol. Most stores don't even have the chip. I remember having arguments around here about how it's going to be an immediate adoption due to how much the stores have to lose. Been nearly a year. Only about half the stores we go to have chip activated. There are even lovely memes about this haha

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I have my debit card linked to Apple Pay. The credit card and debit card I have through my other credit union isn't supported.

Uh, no it isn't. There is a single grocery store near my home that accepts contactless payments. Several fast food restaurants here don't accept it either. None of the small mom and pop stores support it, that I've seen. Costco doesn't accept it. Neither does Walmart(as far as I know)

Reactions: lordofthereef

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
We're talking Canada NOT Oregon - it'll be 2020 before the U.S. has full uptake on contactless POS terminals.

Good thing this forum is specific to Canadians.:rolleyes:

Apple Pay obviously isn't as wide spread as you seem to think it is. Canada, or not. Wide sweeping statements like "it's accepted everywhere, you must live in some backwater town" wont change that fact.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
Sorry man, but this is absolutely false - you must live in some small backwater town like Toronto, to say otherwise.

Small backwater town like Toronto? The fifth largest city in North America? Are you just saying random stuff?

As I said, not everyone had card readers that support tap.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
One, which is not supported in almost every single merchants supporting Apple Pay in Australia.
Guess where this card is from? ;)

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
One debit, one credit, which is all the cards I have. Apple Pay only came to Canada fairly recently, so it's still not supported in a lot of places. Some places don't even know that they support it. I've pulled out my phone to pay for things and had the cashier look at me like I just performed magic.

It's worse than that. The few places that used to work with my Apple Pay are no longer working, like McDonalds, some gas stations. Apple isn't helping the situation as they don't set up a website for users to report problems.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
It's worse than that. The few places that used to work with my Apple Pay are no longer working, like McDonalds, some gas stations. Apple isn't helping the situation as they don't set up a website for users to report problems.
Wegmans used to take it here and then they stopped. Unsure what happened with that. :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.