Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many here think the 13 mini should weigh more?

• Total voters

bbates123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
I was having a lively discussion with someone on Youtube about the mini and he was adamant that it should weigh more "so it doesn't fly away in your hand". I personally think it's just right as is. I don't like a heavy phone that flops around in my shorts when I'm walking or running. I think Apple did the right thing by making the phone slightly thicker and slightly heavier to add more battery but not to the point where it's too thick/heavy. What do you think?

FlyingTexan

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2015
I think it’s great, hell make it lighter, but would love it to be stainless. Although I run my phone naked and it still looks pretty good.

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
I was having a lively discussion with someone on Youtube about the mini and he was adamant that it should weigh more "so it doesn't fly away in your hand".
He should pick up an SE (2016) sometime... The mini feels massive in comparison.

Reactions: lpc2

frostyisgod

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2013
Under circumstances should the phone weigh more. These things are heavy as it is.

Why would you want it heavy? They should make it super light - that's when you know it's been made well, just like cars use carbon fiber, phones should to so there not bricks

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
The only thing I’d want changed on the mini is for it to have a frosted rear like the pro models. Feels so much better off using the phone naked for extended periods.

The glossy glass gets warm quickly in your hand and can then feel sticky.

Weight is certainly not something I’d want though on a small device.

jeremydc

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2013
10 more grams would be nice. Max at 150grams would give it a few more hours of SOT but hey, that's why the magsafe battery pack was designed for

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.