Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
People have been filtering into my office to get a look at the iPad. All have left wanting one. I have probably sold at least 20.

Its so funny how word gets around quickly that someone has an iPad in the building. :)

angemon89

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2008
Northern CA
None. I really don't plan on taking the iPad out of my house honestly. Maybe if I go on a long car trip or something then that's when id take it with me.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
A co-worker specifically asked me to bring it in or I wouldn't have. Now that I have, today, I'd say there are two likely sells, but it's a small office. (I tend not to evangelize, I just let them play with it and do my thing--couple of people have drifted from 'wtf is that?' to 'I want one!!' within the space of about five minutes.)

JReynolds

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2009
Where the Air Force sends me
I need to check on restocking fees from Apple and Best Buy. I want to buy one and sell it for $50-100 profit, rinse and repeat until I make enough to buy one and keep without noticing the drop in my Bank account.

Anybody doing something like this, is it possible? :confused:

Elzlaik

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2008
Pack your iPad, get a cheap flight to England, and put it on eBay. You'll make enough to pay for your flight, a brief holiday at a five star London hotel, and enough left over to tip a London cabbie :)

My friend here in Canada is trying to sell a couple he brought back from the states and isn't having any real luck. He's selling them pretty cheap too like $725, I think. Strange. I didn't think he'd have any trouble in the GTA.

Maybe I should tell him to book a flight.

techound1

macrumors 68000
Mar 3, 2006
My friend here in Canada is trying to sell a couple he brought back from the states and isn't having any real luck. He's selling them pretty cheap too like $725, I think. Strange. I didn't think he'd have any trouble in the GTA.

A trip to the US is cake for a lot of Canadians - just hop in the car and sit in line. No shelling out of airfare involved.

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
Sitting in a Denny's right now eating lunch, browsing on their free wifi. A guy comes over and starts asking about it. I show him some features, safari, and he's going out to get one now.

Gotta love free wifi at Denny's!

Squid7085

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I haven't exactly sold any, but I have changed a heck of a lot of minds. :D Being in college, it's awfully hard to sell my friends on a $500 device. I did the same thing with the iPhone, everybody played with it, now half of them have one!

Maaz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2010
Haha three so far. For certain are buying it. Honestly, you jusT show it off for about 5 mins and the average person is already sold on it.

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Haha three so far. For certain are buying it. Honestly, you jusT show it off for about 5 mins and the average person is already sold on it.
I know what you mean. One person came in already thinking it was just a big iPod touch. He played with it for 5 minutes and realized that its something a bit more. Now he wants one.

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
^^^ Do they know you can't print, save or edit files without "extras?"

It looks all pretty, cool and stuff but the limitations for someone expecting something beyond internet, books & games is stifling.

Bytor65

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2010
Canada

Unless that is the 64GB model, how is it cheap? It is ridiculously overpriced if 16GB. I would just wait for the release, or drive across the boarder myself rather than pay more and potentially have warranty issues. I am not the least bit surprised he is getting few takers.

msduncan

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2010
4 and counting....

1 coworker, my boss, and then I got summoned into the offices of two of the company executives to show them and they are getting them too.

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
^^^ Do they know you can't print, save or edit files without "extras?"

It looks all pretty, cool and stuff but the limitations for someone expecting something beyond internet, books & games is stifling.

And that's why there's laptops in the world.

Elzlaik

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2008
Unless that is the 64GB model, how is it cheap? It is ridiculously overpriced if 16GB. I would just wait for the release, or drive across the boarder myself rather than pay more and potentially have warranty issues. I am not the least bit surprised he is getting few takers.

Yeah, sorry I was wrong. I checked, he's selling for $675. He says that after New York State Tax and Ontario tax he is only making $40. Oh well, maybe he'll have luck if Apple sells the Canadian 16GB for $599, which would make hue price with tax more than he's charging.

I don't care. I got mine, which is only to tide me over until the 3G is released.

maxine1211

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2010
I haven't sold any... yet. My iPad hasn't arrived yet but it's on it's way! I'm so exicted, i think i'll be selling lots though! I'm at a school where everyone is fond of technology, but only a couple of teachers have one right now, i'll be the first student to get one, just like i was the first to have an iPod Touch, now everyone has an iPod Touch.

:apple: iPod Touch 8gb - School owns tons of :apple: Macbooks - :apple: iPad 16gb Wifi-only

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.