Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Describe your GPS issue

• No GPS fix ever

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • GPS works, but only sometimes

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Phatzer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
Hey guys,

I, like many others around cannot get a GPS fix in Google maps. I'm on o2 and I can get a good 3G reception, which tested at 5mbps twice.

What I've done:
Given it roughly 20 minutes by a Window and tried locating
Given it a few minutes outside and tried locating
Given it about 20 minutes inside and tried locating
Carried out a software restore from iTunes twice
Tried using the 'WHERE' application, which shows its logo and then closes about half a minute later.
Disabled 3G
Disabled WiFi

By all means, you can post what you done, but what I'm trying to figure out is how many other people have the same issue. I've spoken to a mate who lives roughly 20 miles north of me, and it doesn't seem to work for him either.

IF IT WORKS FOR YOU, PLEASE DON'T VOTE!

Thanks.

byron_hinson

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2003
Hey guys,

I, like many others around cannot get a GPS fix in Google maps. I'm on o2 and I can get a good 3G reception, which tested at 5mbps twice.

What I've done:
Given it roughly 20 minutes by a Window and tried locating
Given it a few minutes outside and tried locating
Given it about 20 minutes inside and tried locating
Carried out a software restore from iTunes twice
Tried using the 'WHERE' application, which shows its logo and then closes about half a minute later.
Disabled 3G
Disabled WiFi

By all means, you can post what you done, but what I'm trying to figure out is how many other people have the same issue. I've spoken to a mate who lives roughly 20 miles north of me, and it doesn't seem to work for him either.

IF IT WORKS FOR YOU, PLEASE DON'T VOTE!

Thanks.

Not working in the UK here for me either. Tried the same as you - even at 3am this morning with a clear startlit sky and 20 mins outside there was nothing.

markym07931

macrumors regular
May 14, 2008
clicks the *working perfectly fine here thank you* button on the poll...

yeah.. honestly.. .not got any problems!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.