Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Finox831

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
Just wondering, how many of you own a keyboard case or stylus for the iPad & what kind of applications do you use it for? I've tried writing a paper on my iPad Air but I just feel its easier to just do it on my laptop.

SarahCat

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2014
stylus

Are you doing handwriting with your iPad, such as a digital but handwritten signature, to sign papers?

I have a stylus with a rubber ball on the bottom of it. It works really well, specifically on certain types of games (match3 games work well with a stylus).

However, to type papers, I use my fingers. I am actually faster typing that way, than I am while holding a stylus. I think this is because I am only typing with one hand, while I can use two if I touch the screen myself, just as you would on a laptop. I just got my stylus, so I am sure there are more things I can do easier on it.

For a keyboard case, are you talking about keyboards that will transfer what you type to an iPad's screen? I have not tried that yet, but again, I rather just touch the screen or use my desktop computer.

Hope this helps.

Sarah

dianestory2

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
I use an ampen stylus. I use it pretty much for a substitution for my finger. Nothing too exotic; I'm sure there are plenty out there that you can use for actual writing or drawing, but mine works really well for my purposes.

lotzosushi

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2007
When I'm too lazy to bring my laptop to class for taking notes I bring my iPad air with the Logitech keyboard and Paper Bamboo stylus. Mostly using generic apps like Pages/Keynote/Evernote/Paper. Both work great, and if you use the Paper Pencil Stylus with the Paper app connected via Bluetooth it activates all the paid features :)

mattroman246

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
I just recently purchased a Bamboo Fineline and love it, it's not super accurate but good enough. I use it for note taking in class, having my textbooks and notebooks all on my iPad, couldn't beat it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.