Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tttexxan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
There has been alot of issues...Are you going to ride them out for less than two weeks and return if issues cont?? I have noticed some bad reception around town and my wifes 2g gets better reception on edge....We were out and her phone showed 4 bars on the edge and mine showed 1-2...
My thoughts were shouldnt I be on 3G anyway since IM in a major city with 3G....
I have had more drop calls in the past 2 days than ever with the 2G...

Screen not as yellow on the second one I recieved upon returning the first...

Battery life only lasting about 1 day so far....

Lock up with saving pics to photo library but this occured with 2g phone

Will keep testing

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
You have 30 days, not 14.

And the only issue I have is the slight yellow tint. Not even close to motivating me to returning this phone. No reception issues either.

jakeacc

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2008
Tom tom and others are coming out with better gps apps for the 3g iphone. Just be patient.

TomTom said they were working on a GPS app for the iPhone. They have been developing this on an iPhone that is jailbroken. They are doing this because Apple clearly states in its Developers Terms of Agreements that apps using turn-by-turn GPS navigation is not allowed. Even if TomTom creates an awesome GPS navigation App, they aren't allowed to legally sell it on the App Store since its breaks the TOA. But I'm sure someone will create this App and will be available to anyone willing to jailbreak their 3G iPhone.

The reason I think Apple is not allowing turn GPS turn-by-turn navigation apps is because:
A. the GPS radio built in the iPhone is too small and weak to create accurate turn-by-turn directions
B. Apple is working on their own navigation system that they plan to sell on the App Store

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
Google is our friend:

Return Policy
2G Devices
Customers who recently purchased a 2G iPhone may want to return their device once they hear about the 3G model and price point, but the new device will not be available immediately. Since the announcement and launch will be about 30 days apart, we could lose some customers who are within their BRE period and want to return their device before their 14 days expires and wait for the new 3G device. We must acknowledge and address their desire to get the best device for them.

2G iPhone returns:
If a customer purchased before 5/27, we will follow BAU processes – no device returns. However, all postpaid 2G iPhone customers in good standing are upgrade eligible, so these customers will qualify to upgrade to a 3G iPhone when it is available.
If a customer purchased on or after 5/27 (within the 14-day BRE period before the product announcement on 6/9), we will let them exchange their 2G iPhone for an iPhone 3G before August 1. This means that after we launch the 3G model they can return their 2G iPhone, pay the 10% restocking fee, and purchase a new iPhone 3G before August 1.
Note: This modified return policy applies only to customers who purchase from AT&T stores.

3G Devices
The return policy for 3G is changing from 14 days to 30 days for both Apple and AT&T stores.

To cancel service within the first 30 days, the customer must return their equipment to the place of purchase (no exceptions).
If the customer cancels service after 30 days, they will be charged the ETF. The customer is not required to return the device to cancel after 30 days.
Special Notes Regarding 2G Devices

After the iPhone 3G launches, activations of 2G iPhones for new AT&T customers can be performed in COR stores or in the existing iTunes tether process. COR reps will receive compensation for activations of new AT&T customers done in store.

Yes apples store buyer so only get 14days...
I still wish the GPS was better on this....Such potential...

phatcat

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2008
Bluetooth echo in my Toyota's factory radio is a big problem. Googling it also shows many hits on this including one of the first 3 major reviews.

I'm anticipating a firmware fix soon, otherwise it's going back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.