Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chuckd83

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
I bought the new SE and looking for a wireless charger. The port on my XR failed and don't want to use it to charge the SE so that doesn't happen again.

What is the maximum supported watts for a Qi charger for the SE? I've only found one source that says 7.5 watts, but I don't see anything from Apple. Thanks for any help.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
I haven't seen a wireless charge test yet, but in terms of the Lightning port, it's an easy repair. Apple designed the port to be easily replaced so I wouldn't worry it.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Every charger sold on Apple’s website store has a “compatible with” section. Pick a charger you’re interested in and see what it says (hint: you can use any charger with the new SE)

chuckd83

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
Every charger sold on Apple’s website store has a “compatible with” section. Pick a charger you’re interested in and see what it says (hint: you can use any charger with the new SE)
I'm sure they're all compatible, but a 20W wireless charger will be overkill if it only charges at a 7.5W rate, correct?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I'm sure they're all compatible, but a 20W wireless charger will be overkill if it only charges at a 7.5W rate, correct?
You may have a phone that can charge at 20w in the future so it will save you from having to buy another charger unless you're planning on keeping your SE forever. The difference in price might be negligible

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.