Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigthanbigger

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
i have a question about ipad internet 4G ?

i plan to get 1 for my daughter , so she can play when going out ,,,
which carrier has good deal price data plan and fast internet for ipad

Code:
. usually how much bill per month
. usually how much data enough per month
. usually which carrier has good internet

att , tmobile , verizon

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Most charge 10 dollars per month and data consumption is based on actual usage, so is impossible to dictate how much will be needed.

She does a lot of youtube on LTE, it will suck up a lot, she only does games, then not so much. Its impossible to state what your usages will be, since we don't know you or your daughter.

OlgaJ

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2009
Florida
AT&T prepaid plans (as of Friday 9/17/14)

250MB for 24 hours $5.00 (No auto renew)
1GB for 3 months $25.00 (No auto renew)

Auto renew plans (but can be cancelled at any time)
250MB for 30 days $14.99
3 GB for 30 days $30.00
5 GB with Mobile Hotspot for 30 days $50.00

With the "no auto renew" plans, they do send an email and warn you that your plan is going to end. Re-registering for the same plan is painless.

----------

I should add that it's not possible to tell you how much data your daughter will use. I would say start with 1GB for 3 months and see if that is enough. It's easy to gauge it a step at a time and not difficult to change prepaid plans (at least with AT&T, in my experience) to whatever you need.

As to which service is best, I'm sure that depends on your location. So check with folks in your city/state.

bigthanbigger

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
wow that nice informatio thanks alot ,

my girl she watch youtube when going out
a week we going out on saturday and sunday
so 1 months 8 days , home she used wifi

so what option is good for her ,?

OlgaJ

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2009
Florida
Just start with the 1 GB plan for 3 months and see how long that lasts her. If and when she runs out of data, you can always buy her more. And then you'll know how much she is using.

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
AT&T prepaid plans (as of Friday 9/17/14)

250MB for 24 hours $5.00 (No auto renew)
1GB for 3 months $25.00 (No auto renew)

Auto renew plans (but can be cancelled at any time)
250MB for 30 days $14.99
3 GB for 30 days $30.00
5 GB with Mobile Hotspot for 30 days $50.00

With the "no auto renew" plans, they do send an email and warn you that your plan is going to end. Re-registering for the same plan is painless.

----------

I should add that it's not possible to tell you how much data your daughter will use. I would say start with 1GB for 3 months and see if that is enough. It's easy to gauge it a step at a time and not difficult to change prepaid plans (at least with AT&T, in my experience) to whatever you need.

As to which service is best, I'm sure that depends on your location. So check with folks in your city/state.

I've been using the 1GB for three months plan through ATT and really like it. Fast performance and I always have a little leftover. It will take easy user a while to figure out what they need though, no doubt.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
We have two ipads. They were on cellular data plans earlier this year.

NO LONGER. We dropped the cell plans.

When we do not have wifi, and really need data service, we use the hotspot on our phones. We have 4 phones with 10gb of data across them.

How much will you daughter need?

It might be 100mb, or 1gb, or 20gb.

NOBODY HERE KNOWS WHAT SHE WILL BE USING IT FOR.

Mackinjosh

Suspended
Aug 21, 2014
Does anyone have a link to the ATT deals listed above? I can't seem to find the 1 gig (no auto-renewal plan) on their website. Is it an available option right from the ipad when you buy one and activate it? I was deciding between Verizon and ATT but it appears Verizon made the choice easier because they force you to pay 10 dollars a month just to access their network.

baypharm

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2007
The At&t "deals" you are inquiring about can be found when you insert an AT&T sim card into your ipad and then clicking on cellular account (under settings).

All of the carriers offer pay as you go. No long term commitment required.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
wow that nice informatio thanks alot ,

my girl she watch youtube when going out
a week we going out on saturday and sunday
so 1 months 8 days , home she used wifi

so what option is good for her ,?
YouTube uses quite a bit of bandwidth. Not as bad as Netflix but still considerable. While data usage does depend on how much video streaming she'll do during those 8 days but just to give you an idea, I can easily blow through 1GB data in a few hours streaming YouTube vids.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.