Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andresus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2021
I currently have a working Silver iPod Classic 6 Gen 160GB “DVT”. How much might it be worth?

Appleinapot

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2021
Check for things like that on eBay, amazon, trade me(only if you are in NZ), write all the prices down, then add them all together, once you have done that divide it by the number of listings you saw and wrote down, it will give you the average of what the other ipod classics are listing for.

Hopefully this helped you,?

Hunter5117

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
iPods are funny in their value. The generations 4 and 5 actually go for a lot more than the newer ones because of the Wolfson DAC chip that Apple used. Gen 5's go for decent money, regrettably I sold my Gen 5 "U2" model years ago but I still have my Gen 4.

Gen 6 "Classic" models are mostly sought after by music buffs who would likely want to upgrade it with larger SSD drive for listening to music. I still like to listen to my Classic through my external amp and Shure 535 earphones when I feel like some really good high bitrate music.

Appleinapot

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2021
iPods are funny in their value. The generations 4 and 5 actually go for a lot more than the newer ones because of the Wolfson DAC chip that Apple used. Gen 5's go for decent money, regrettably I sold my Gen 5 "U2" model years ago but I still have my Gen 4.

Gen 6 "Classic" models are mostly sought after by music buffs who would likely want to upgrade it with larger SSD drive for listening to music. I still like to listen to my Classic through my external amp and Shure 535 earphones when I feel like some really good high bitrate music.
Oh wow, I didn't know that, that is interesting?

bobnugget

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2006
England
I would expect a DVT to go for at least a few hundred US $ on eBay, maybe 1000 if someone really wants it? Remember to add rare and prototype to the listing and put world shipping on.

People generally don’t know what they are so I’ve picked a couple up for under a hundred

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.