Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2017
I like the Torro case, too. I’m just disappointed that I got a black one and now they have dark blue! I use the Apple brand cover at home and the Torro case when I take the Mini 6 out of the house. The Torro cover is heavier than the Apple cover. I like the flap to keep the pencil in place.

Reactions: sparksd

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I like the Torro case, too. I’m just disappointed that I got a black one and now they have dark blue! I use the Apple brand cover at home and the Torro case when I take the Mini 6 out of the house. The Torro cover is heavier than the Apple cover. I like the flap to keep the pencil in place.

I also have the Apple Smart Folio (Dark Cherry) in addition to the Torro but I never use it - I don't like the slick feel and prefer the texture of the Torro, it's a fingerprint magnet, and it never lies quite flat against the tablet (bulges up slightly in the middle).

geta

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2010
The Moon
The Torro case looks really nice, special the dark brown, but for now im happy with this case, same as Apple Smart Folio, but much cheaper -

Wheaty

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2009
Cheshire, UK
Depends on what you need. I spent nearly £50. Which I think is quite a lot. But I use my mini in industrial environments, gets carted around in work pockets, tools, in the van. And while I haven’t yet dropped it at work, concrete floors are harder than carpet.

(Urban armour gear, good but has a few minor niggles)

If I only used it at home. I may have spent £25 at the most. Probably less, just something to stop minor bumps and scrapes.

ander1st

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2022
I got two ipad mini cases, one from Zugu mini 6 case 49.99$ used at home, the other one from Ambison magnetic iPad mini 6 case 25.99$ for my office, ZUGU is pretty good except the price?, Ambison is good enough but not than Zugu I think, but the price is pretty good for me.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
I paid around $50 for an Otterbox Defender case. I have had my iPad Mini 5 inside it since day 1 and after talking it out after 2 years the iPad looked as new as the day I got it. No scuffs, marks, scratches or dinks. I have dropped it many times also so I can definitely vouch for this case.

C9D0D955-0663-4C72-8F82-45AFE9ACC62A.jpeg

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
I prefer that apple folio. feels nicer, and fit and finish is good. Love the purple color too.

RRC

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2020
Like with my phones the Apple cases always have the best fit and finish albeit a little pricey for what they are, but they’re generally quite hard wearing on the iPads so I don’t mind spending out.

Dealmans

Suspended
Mar 12, 2022
Yes, it's magnetized and folds flat. It would drive me nuts if it weren't.
Hard to find a nice leather iPad case, Nomad are but like $250AUD here v $75 for the Toro. Not sure about that pencil flap though, guess it makes the iPad safer.

Reactions: sparksd

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Hard to find a nice leather iPad case, Nomad are but like $250AUD here v $75 for the Toro. Not sure about that pencil flap though, guess it makes the iPad safer.

I like that it holds the front cover really flat, unlike the Apple cover I have that bows up in the middle. It has been a really nice case for both the 12.9 and the Mini 6.

Reactions: Dealmans

Dealmans

Suspended
Mar 12, 2022
I like that it holds the front cover really flat, unlike the Apple cover I have that bows up in the middle. It has been a really nice case for both the 12.9 and the Mini 6.
You must of got a dud apple folio, we have 2 x 11" and I have a 12.9", also had the mini 6 and none of them do that. The mini one was sharp on edges.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.