Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Wonder how much Apple runs iOS9 from cache?
As I run through all the stuff on my 6S Plus (64GB AT&T) to see where I currently have issues and if they are critical I am seeing an icon drop. I'll go into the app and if it has icons at times they may show up as a blank or grey shape. If I clean out the cache or clean out the task manager (usually first option) on relaunch the app displays correctly.
Here's an example:
IMG_4142.PNG
Anyone know?

vertsix

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2015
Texas
Well, iOS caches stuff in a regular basis to improve OS performance, but it isn't significant.

Cache mostly consists of files from applications, at least on iOS. Applications like Facebook, Instagram, Vine, Twitter, etc. relentlessly cache everything that is loaded, causing little benefit in speed but a huge disadvantage with storage. A few launches can cause several hundred MBs of cache to be stored.

This is one of my biggest issues with iOS. I like how on Android you can delete cache manually.

If you want to delete some of the junk though, use Battery Doctor on the App Store, as it is a cache cleaner disguised as a battery management application. It works great, but it is only a temporary solution.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Well, iOS caches stuff in a regular basis to improve OS performance, but it isn't significant.

Cache mostly consists of files from applications, at least on iOS. Applications like Facebook, Instagram, Vine, Twitter, etc. relentlessly cache everything that is loaded, causing little benefit in speed but a huge disadvantage with storage. A few launches can cause several hundred MBs of cache to be stored.

This is one of my biggest issues with iOS. I like how on Android you can delete cache manually.

If you want to delete some of the junk though, use Battery Doctor on the App Store, as it is a cache cleaner disguised as a battery management application. It works great, but it is only a temporary solution.

It's what I'm using. :)

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013

It's what I'm using. :)

You guys should try this app.Its only 8mb and does the same thing

Memory & Disk Scanner Pro - Check System Information by Phan Minh Nhut
https://appsto.re/in/Lzt72.i

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.