Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swahilibill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2002
Highlands Ranch
How much do u guys think that the philips rendevous stereos will be, just ballpark i mean, and do u think we will see some of this stuff at MWSF? thanks in advance!

redAPPLE

macrumors 68030
May 7, 2002
2 Much Infinite Loops
it would surely cost a lot.

this is always the case, when new products appear in the market.

i'd say 2000 $$$.

i am hoping though, that other companies would use this technology too, and not be dependent on Philips to use this technology.

i was never satisfied with philips equipment. maybe it is just me.

and if we need to resort to philips equipment, then i would want to have a choice of machines. philips needs to present 2 to 4 hifis within a month and not just one.

if we will see them in mwsf? good question. i predict, no. it is just too early.

and again, we are talking about apple here. we know how steve loves surprises, although he hasn't surprised us that often in the last few macworlds.

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
Id say it depends on what kind of stereos they will introduce, if it's a shelf system then maybe around $400-650, for components even more, but I doubt it will go for $2000.

RogueLdr

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2002
People's Republic of Ann Arbor
Cap on the market...

I assume that we are only talking about a reciever component at this time?

If that is the case, then a $2,000 reciever would have to have every conceivable bell and whistle to garner that price. By that I mean support for THX Ultra and/or THX Select audio and support for Dolby Digital EX standards, auto-adjustment to sound level determined by a user-defined seating position in relation to the speaker placement (a'la Bose Lifestyles systems), and somewhere in the neighborhood of a million possible sound sources (an exaggeration to be sure, but you get my point.)

I would welcome a reciever with all of these features rolled into one, and might be willing to shell out the cash to get one, but unless it does everything, Apple compatibility will not be enough to justify such a high price.

RL

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
Ok guys we're not talking about whether the system would be 2000 bucks (which is insane), but what you think it would be...

I'm thinking somewhre between $400~550 thats the price of my system + price for rendevous support ($100, MAYBE $150...)

irmongoose

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.