Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rEd Eye

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2001
Can anyone give me a rough ballpark figure on what the streetprice of my 2 year old G4-400,AGP model,w/768 Megs.,geforce 2MX and 30GB HD would be right now?
Or anywhere I could see an up to date listing of such things?
Thanx.

rEd Eye

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2001
Geez,so I guess no one here has ever seen a used mac before........?.

rEd Eye

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2001
Anyone.....?

Is this a stupid question?
Am I supposed to just "know"these things?
Help me out,please.....:???:

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
I don't know if you're in the UK or the US, but you could try checking out http://www.clocktower.co.uk
they've got a list of used macs, accessories, etc with prices. Sorry, i don't know of an equivalent for the US, although there no doubt will be several.

I

IBM is the wrong enemy

I have a special editon iBook 466...

whats that worth?

P

PCFREE

I would just go to ebay. Bid away and come out with a top o du line ti powerbook ..u know 66t combo drive 40 gig hd for like 2,000. or a mid range pb for 1200 maybe 1000 if your lucky.

hinkhous

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2001
Mac values

The best way to find out how much your machine is worth is to search on eBay for completed items. That will tell you what people have recently paid for configs similar to yours.

Rough estimates:

G4/400 - $1,100

iBook SE/466 - $950

Check it out for yourself if you want. You might be able to sell locally for more since you won't have to deal with shipping costs.

The other place you might look is a reseller that sells refurbished systems. These numbers will be higher, but they also usually offer some sort of warranty. I would say the numbers above are pretty accurate. Computers and cars are about the same in terms of investments--very high depreciations and a residual value that is higher to an owner than to any prospective aftermarket buyer.

Hope that helps ya!

rEd Eye

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2001
Thanx for the tips;(
Glad to know that I can still ask in the neighborhood of $2,000 Canadian for my mac.
I suppose that I would probably be wisest to sell before the next wave of powermacs is released though.But then I would only have a PeeCee:(to tide me over till new mac time......
Almost impossible Grrrr.......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.