Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

indigoflowAS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, OH
I have a retired TiBook that I don't seem to use. The thing is that the display no longer has a backlight, I dropped her on the hinge and those are the only dinks on it. It still works fine, just blind:eek:. I had imagined it being turned into a media only machine...but that hasn't happened.

I would like to ask...how much is it possibly worth? Specs are in my sig + 60GB HDD

Appreciated.:)

Sutekidane

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
Well, since the screen doesn't work, it loses a lot of its value. Probably around $500-$600

Acehigh

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2006
Sutekidane said:
Well, since the screen doesn't work, it loses a lot of its value. Probably around $500-$600

Working machines sell for $600 now. Sometime more because of illegal software is included. The screen is very important and no chips in the paint.

I sold mine in Feb for $800 shipped and that was way too much I got lucky. But also include a 10GB Ipod 2G which was unused (got a replacement). I included all Boxes. I am not sure why people will pay more then $500 for a working one.

But put it on ebay you never know.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
I also have a Ti PB (see sig) in a mint condition (no scratch, no blemish, as it is only used at home with the screen open position at all times). But, I am having a difficulty to part with it as that was my first Mac. It is good to know some people are still selling Ti with a reasonal price.

indigoflowAS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, OH
I wanted to cry when I broke the screen. I kept it in pristine condition until the one time I dropped it. Has a couple of cracks on the frame now....so disappointing. If I get $400 out of it, I would be pretty happy.

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
indigoflowAS said:
I wanted to cry when I broke the screen. I kept it in pristine condition until the one time I dropped it. Has a couple of cracks on the frame now....so disappointing. If I get $400 out of it, I would be pretty happy.

I handle mine like it's going to explode any minute and take out 3 city blocks, that way I don't drop it. :)

DMPDX

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2005
If you parted it out I'd take the 60 gb HD if its in working condition. Pm me if youre interested.
-dsm

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.