Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jerhen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2015
I upgraded iPhones a couple weeks back, got a 14 Pro for $200 off at my carrier. (I pay full price for my phones) anyways my old phone is an iPhone 11 Pro 256gb. Apple Trade in would give me $250 but wondering about selling on Facebook. Not really sure what it’s worth though. It’s in good condition. Always used a case and screen protector. Only thing would be the battery health is at 77%. Just looking to see what others think I could list it at. Thanks all.

TehFalcon

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2011
United States
I upgraded iPhones a couple weeks back, got a 14 Pro for $200 off at my carrier. (I pay full price for my phones) anyways my old phone is an iPhone 11 Pro 256gb. Apple Trade in would give me $250 but wondering about selling on Facebook. Not really sure what it’s worth though. It’s in good condition. Always used a case and screen protector. Only thing would be the battery health is at 77%. Just looking to see what others think I could list it at. Thanks all.
they are worth about $300 on the used market (eBay, Swappa, Facebook).

So that Apple trade-in is pretty great, i'd take the $50 loss to not have to take the time of selling it and dealing with people (especially on facebook)

bigfatipod

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2011
As someone who’s got an iPhone 11 Pro, I am curious what your experience had been going to the 14 pro?

mlody

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2012
Windy City
Something to consider, if you do a trade-in with one of the national carriers, the 11 Pro is worth $830. I know you said you purchased a new one our right, but I would recommend to run the numbers with carrier deals to see how that compares so you have an idea what might be better option down the road. There are pros and cons to each options. Good luck.

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
FB Marketplace / Craigslist are usually quite effective. I would list it a little above what you want for it and then give in to a little haggling. e.g.

I ignore lowballs, but if the offer is reasonable I usually counter with something like, "I did want to get a bit more for it, but I would be ok with splitting the difference if you can meet at [place convenient to me vs. somewhere far away from me convenient for the buyer]"

The main thing I've learned from selling in these marketplaces are: 1) Never re-arrange your plans for a buyer. It doesn't happen often, but I've had people flake last minute which is always annoying. 2) Try and do the deal close to where I live. Some folks will want you to drive miles only to haggle you more when you get there. Remember, they are getting a deal, so they should come to you.

Deals should always be win:win. If you're not happy, then don't do the deal. Someone else will come along if you've priced it fairly.

Jerhen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2015
As someone who’s got an iPhone 11 Pro, I am curious what your experience had been going to the 14 pro?
Sorry for just getting back to you. My first word that comes to mind is promotion. Promotion just makes everything on the screen so smooth and so much better. Going back to an 11 Pro, the screen on the 11 Pro just appears slow and laggy. Apps also seem to stay open a lot longer in the background due to the increased ram. The display is so much brighter and easier to read when using it outside in the sun. Battery life is a lot better- coming from 77% health on my 11 Pro to the 14 Pro. I also like having a 3x zoom lens and Macro photography make it nice for taking really up close pictures. 5G- I really don’t notice a difference. Kind of wondering if 5G is slow due to the plan I’m on. I’m on an unlimited data plan but the plan only has 480p streaming so Snapchat, TikTok, and YouTube videos load slow and at kind of a crappy resolution. Kind of wondering on switching plans but am not really sure if it would make a difference. I have tried the always on display, I have since turned it off. Some situations make it nice to have while other times I think it’s just a waste of battery life. I kind of enjoy the Dynamic Island especially when it comes to music and switching to other apps and what’s playing stays up there. It’s also nice since I have HomePods. If I tell my HomePods to play something specific, Dynamic Island will actually show what’s playing on them and give you skip and play/pause controls. Phone also feels faster on iOS 17 with the A16 Bionic chip.

Jerhen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2015
Update, I’ve tried listing on Facebook for $350 and all I seem to get is people that are scams. It’s almost ridiculous, I ended up deleting my listing from Facebook. I did notice I was wrong on the Apple trade in amount, it’s only $235. Does that seem like enough for an 11 Pro? Also thing to consider is the 11 Pro is a 256gb model. Thanks.

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
Update, I’ve tried listing on Facebook for $350 and all I seem to get is people that are scams. It’s almost ridiculous, I ended up deleting my listing from Facebook. I did notice I was wrong on the Apple trade in amount, it’s only $235. Does that seem like enough for an 11 Pro? Also thing to consider is the 11 Pro is a 256gb model. Thanks.
I guess u already checked selling prices on other mentioned websites. Apparently that’s not enough for you. But thats what the market is

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2022
Anytime you are selling Apple products in social media, you will attract mostly scammers.

Aoligei

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2020

What made you think they are scammers?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.