Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FlyingTexan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2015
Anyone use both and see a real difference? Especially with the 13pro I’m looking at jumping from the mini for the 3x optical zoom. Not sure how much that really matters. Also considering the 13mini for the OIS.

splifingate

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2013
ATL
Attached is a quick and dirty (literally) snap of my recently-bloomed spider lilies (framed against a chamaecyparis obtusa ‘Thoweil’ "Iseli Introduction") with a iP12-Mini.

I was 1m-away; it was drizzling; I had not cleaned my cameras in a few days; gutter guys were hustlin' to grab some ladder-space; too precious to get stomped.

I'm happy.

My SO has an 11Pro, but she's in CO right now . . . .

Regards, splifingate

Attachments

• IMG_1719.jpg
    IMG_1719.jpg
    519.6 KB · Views: 53

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
Attached is a quick and dirty (literally) snap of my recently-bloomed spider lilies (framed against a chamaecyparis obtusa ‘Thoweil’ "Iseli Introduction") with a iP12-Mini.

I was 1m-away; it was drizzling; I had not cleaned my cameras in a few days; gutter guys were hustlin' to grab some ladder-space; too precious to get stomped.

I'm happy.

My SO has an 11Pro, but she's in CO right now . . . .

Regards, splifingate
What you wanna tell us?

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
There is no difference in the 12 lineup except of the pro max.

on YouTube you can find some testings and there is not much of a advantage

this year it will be different. All pros have bigger sensors

Barbareren

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2020
Norway & Mexico
For me personally, the macro mode on the Pro-models is the most interesting camera improvement… I’m surprised more people aren’t talking about it… I’m not a shutterbug, but there have many times I’ve wanted to take really good close-up photos, but haven’t been able to…

Edit: Sorry, I thought it was about the iPhone 13… ?

Reactions: hr10

FlyingTexan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2015
There is no difference in the 12 lineup except of the pro max.

on YouTube you can find some testings and there is not much of a advantage

this year it will be different. All pros have bigger sensors
Was asking how much OIS makes a difference. The mini and pros have it now. You see cameras with 100+mph sensors and all these optical lens but IQ of their photos looks almost identical. So does the 3x really make much of a difference given today’s AI? Trying to also see if there is any real improvement from the 12m to 13m cameras.

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
Was asking how much OIS makes a difference. The mini and pros have it now. You see cameras with 100+mph sensors and all these optical lens but IQ of their photos looks almost identical. So does the 3x really make much of a difference given today’s AI? Trying to also see if there is any real improvement from the 12m to 13m cameras.
Ois means optical image stabilization.

this was implemented since iphone 6?

the 3x stands for the optical zoom factor in the 13 pro. Of course this is much better than digital zoom.

maybe you mean sensor shift stabilization? Thats new in all 13 models and has to bee seen next week after release how much better it will be compared to ois.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.