Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fearlessgoat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2024
Hello So I’ve been thinking to buy a MacBook Air from a month or two, but when i saw that M3 Macbook Air is going to release soon it changed my decision to wait for New M3 So i could get M2 in lesser price, So how much can we really expect it to drop?

And Will the MacBook Air M2 Continue to Sell or Will it retire and M1 will stay in its place? So Apple could rip us off for their profits?

tenordrum

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2019
DC Beltway
the authorized resellers will likely have stock at significant discounts, as BB is already discounting the 16/1tb 15 inch MBA for $1500, $400 off "list" price, which of course is meaningless. They have some open box models for slightly less than that. Yet you can get the 14 inch 16/512 M3 MPB base model for only $100 more now at B&H, so if I was buying in that price range, I would opt for the base pro. Better processor, better screen, but less storage.

If BB had a better open box discount for the 15 inch MBA it might be tempting. Yet the only one near me is only $75 off the new price.

In this case, patience is a virtue that likely will be rewarded ;-)

fearlessgoat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2024
the authorized resellers will likely have stock at significant discounts, as BB is already discounting the 16/1tb 15 inch MBA for $1500, $400 off "list" price, which of course is meaningless. They have some open box models for slightly less than that. Yet you can get the 14 inch 16/512 M3 MPB base model for only $100 more now at B&H, so if I was buying in that price range, I would opt for the base pro. Better processor, better screen, but less storage.

If BB had a better open box discount for the 15 inch MBA it might be tempting. Yet the only one near me is only $75 off the new price.

In this case, patience is a virtue that likely will be rewarded ;-)
That’s true, but sadly there’s no best buy in my country

UPBaylor

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2014
Refurb Store prices will probably drop by $100 or so. That is roughly what has happened to M2 Pros now that M3 MBPs have hit the Refurb Store.
Not sure about absolutes, but there were significant discounts on spec'd up models of MBA earlier this week and I was able to pick up a M2 15" 16/1TB model for about $1450.

For my use, I'm not sure I'll ever need to go back to the MBP lineup. This MBA is amazing so far.

Reactions: Makisupa Policeman
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.