Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maccotto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
Sorry for stupid question but i wanna install windows in my new mac mini 2018 because i wanna play some non-mac games and i need for some software as proshow and pubblisher(only-windows).
The software will be installed into bootcamp partition but the games will go into external.
The mini is with 512gb ssd : how much space can i take for bootcamp partition?

Last edited:

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
Sorry for stupid question but i wanna install windows in my new mac mini 2018 because i wanna play some non-mac games and i need for some software as proshow and pubblisher(only-windows).
The software will be installed into bootcamp partition but the games will go into external.
The mini is with 512gb ssd : how much space can i take for bootcamp partition?

My bootcamp partition uses 55GB and I have 30 something GB free so go figure. I also do not have Office or any apps installed in Windows.

Maccotto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
Your answer arrive to late sorry, I needed to make bootcamp windows partitioning fast and I give 130gb to windows 10 because I need installe some apps and I hate stay without space.
130gb is a great solution because the mainly windows apps take little space but have space for store some data or "temp" files.

Thx the same for tips.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.