Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
While obviously nobody knows for sure, I expect them to be more complex than most iPhone apps, so a slightly higher price tag

iPhone apps can vary widely in price, so I expect the same from iPad apps

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I think apps you see for say $4.99, quality iPhone and Touch apps will be nearly double as people are going to look at this thing as a mini computer more so than just a mobile device. At least that's what I think.

I suspect iFart will be $1.99 as well.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Kinda hard to guess since its up to developers. We might get a race to the bottom like the iPhone apps, or not. Generally I think it's going to depend on the complexity and functionality of the app. Each one will stand on its own.

We are going to get more involved apps with the iPad so I'd expect to see more $10-20 apps. Each iWork app is $10 so that kinda sets the standard.

joseluis.17

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2008
monterrey, mexico
From around 20 the must have apps also really complex games will be around this price tag, and if for the iPhone is .99 I expect to be 1.99 or 2.99 for ipad apps

johndango

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2010
Redmond, Wa
Kinda hard to guess since its up to developers. We might get a race to the bottom like the iPhone apps, or not. Generally I think it's going to depend on the complexity and functionality of the app. Each one will stand on its own.

We are going to get more involved apps with the iPad so I'd expect to see more $10-20 apps. Each iWork app is $10 so that kinda sets the standard.

I would expect the iWork apps to be more robust than most apps.

With other apps, I would be much happier with a ~$5 price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.