Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
Thanks for sharing this. It's clear that this is not a big issue, but as so many are reporting, it can and does happen to a good number of people.
I think it's something people who want to keep their phones for more than 3 years should definitely keep in mind.
Also, 7.5 W wireless charging will obviously change all this. One could leave it overnight on charge, or just top-up as required. Given that there won't be much heat, the battery should hardly be effected.
[automerge]1595193520[/automerge]

That's horrible. Unless it's the way USB-C is deliberately designed for some season, it's just plain bad QC. Is this what Apple has come to?
I edited my post because my 8+ is going on 3 years old not 4. Apparently COVID stress is effecting me! In any event it’s been a great phone and after just getting a battery replacement I will keep it as a backup when I get an iPhone 12 this fall.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Thanks for sharing this. It's clear that this is not a big issue, but as so many are reporting, it can and does happen to a good number of people.
I think it's something people who want to keep their phones for more than 3 years should definitely keep in mind.
With the way this forum works and the way press handles issues with Apple products, you can be sure that problems with the Lightning port are not common at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.