Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applemacdude

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 26, 2001
Over The Rainbow
I have recently have been given an Apple IIgs thats the woz edition. It came with the original packaging and accesories. No documentation. It also came with a 5 inch floppy disc drive and a 3 1/2 inch drive. It also came with a imagewriter II. Everything with original boxes and packaging. No documentation. How much is it worth? The IIgs is rom version 1

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Re: How rare is this?

Originally posted by applemacdude
I have recently have been given an Apple IIgs thats the woz edition. It came with the original packaging and accesories. No documentation. It also came with a 5 inch floppy disc drive and a 3 1/2 inch drive. It also came with a imagewriter II. Everything with original boxes and packaging. No documentation. How much is it worth? The IIgs is rom version 1

The Woz edition wasn't _that_ rare... but it's certainly still a collectors item.

Original Boxes and Packaging ads to the value of the whole item.

eBay is the way to go for something like this. You should search their completed items to see how much comparable systems went for.

arn

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)
My family's first home computer was an Apple IIgs... ah, brings back memories. We actually used to publish a little family newspaper on that thing. It was great. I wouldn't buy it from ya though. :)

Alia

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
Re: How rare is this?

Originally posted by applemacdude
Everything with original boxes and packaging. No documentation. How much is it worth? The IIgs is rom version 1
the woz machines were rom 00. when you boot it shouldn't say anything about the rom version. if it does, this probably means that the motherboard has been replaced with a later revision one. the rom that came with these has a lot of limitations and doesn't make the computers very expandable. the woz edition came out in 1986.

what's worth the most is the case and the original packaging you have. if you sold everything as a unit you'd probably get more than the parts. if it indeed has rom 01 in the woz case, then it should be worth more to ppl willing to expand it rather than have a collectors item.

maybe $20-40 since these machines aren't that rare (but will be in the future)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.