Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SteelBlueTJ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
USA
I am building a nice collection of games that are new factory sealed. I plan to keep them that way so how would you recommend I store them? I thought of those hard clear cases that are used when the games are graded, but are those available anywhere? Right now I just have them loose in a box. Some are 3DS games and some are Wii, GameCube games. Thanks

Quackington

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2010
England, UK
I'm glad I'm not the only one with some sealed, unopened games. Though I don't want to pack them away...I plan to get around to playing them someday. I think. Maybe.

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
I always found this weird but my wife’s brother just got married and his wife made him sell his old game collection that he didn’t play. He some how had a mint in box gold Zelda Nintendo game, perfect box Super Metroid and Link to the past. He actually played but looked new. I was suprised with how much money he received. Think he got 200-300 for just those 2 games alone

he also had a sealed super mario brothers as I guess the original Nintendo came with it.

Quackington

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2010
England, UK
I always found this weird but my wife’s brother just got married and his wife made him sell his old game collection that he didn’t play. He some how had a mint in box gold Zelda Nintendo game, perfect box Super Metroid and Link to the past. He actually played but looked new. I was suprised with how much money he received. Think he got 200-300 for just those 2 games alone

he also had a sealed super mario brothers as I guess the original Nintendo came with it.
Damn, those are some classics to have in such mint condition. The Nintendo collectors' market usually results in high prices for games, especially the classics.

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
Yea think they came with poster. That’s why they are really expensive. He never used the poster.

I know with comics that you send the comic and they rate condition out of 1 to 10. I seen some games the same.

I did have some of my older more valuable comics rated. I just hate how the comics look. After they rate them and put them in a werid glass case. It’s like I want to have my first venom, carnage, Gwenpool comics in frames to display.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.