Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 29, 2010
California
Something I just discovered that I'm hoping others can verify. My HomeKit setup includes multiple rooms with multiple lighting devices in each:

• With an iPhone/iPad/Apple Watch when you say "Hey Siri, turn on the lights" HomeKit turns on all lights
  • With a HomePod when you say "Hey Siri, turn on the lights" HomeKit turns on only the lights in the room that you placed the HomePod
  • If you want HomePod to turn on all lights, you have to say "Hey Siri, turn on all of the lights"
  • Scenes perform as expected (if you have a scene that turns on all lights)

It's an interesting choice. I see why they would've gone that route, but it also introduces an inconsistency. These are the kinds of things that likely get revisited or discrete settings later on.

Reactions: kory108

CPTmom2wp

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2014
Ohio
Thanks for this information. It will save a lot of frustration for many of us who have Philips Hue bulbs in multiple rooms. It seems that saying "Hey Siri, turn on the lights in the living room/master bedroom/kitchen/dining room etc." works fine. I had not yet tried all the lights at one time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.