Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

signaturez

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
How soon will Apple adopt Centrino 2?
Yes we all remember Santa Rosa comes very late on Apple
But Centrino 2 is a huge upgrade in term of marketing...
Any opinions are welcome

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Which one's Centrino 2?

Is that the one that's pretty much the same as the first one but slightly better or is it waaay better.

tersono

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2005
UK
Apple use a slightly different architecture than the Centrino setup (which covers CPU, chipset and WLAN - the latter being the area that differs).

I very much doubt that Apple will EVER jump on the Centrino bandwagon, to be honest - even if they wind up using the full specification in future machines. It's entirely the wrong marketing vibe as it would make them sound like everyone else.

signaturez

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
Centrino 2 is the new Montevina platform which will officially release by
Intel in early June

Sage Harupyuia

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2008
Apple use a slightly different architecture than the Centrino setup (which covers CPU, chipset and WLAN - the latter being the area that differs).

I very much doubt that Apple will EVER jump on the Centrino bandwagon, to be honest - even if they wind up using the full specification in future machines. It's entirely the wrong marketing vibe as it would make them sound like everyone else.

They have been using the Napa and Santa Rosa platforms ever since they jumped to Intel, so i wont be surprised if they ever make the move to Motevina.

They were also one of the first few vendors to adopt Penryn mobile chips, so dont be surprised to see them leap on Motivena sometime this year. ;)

signaturez

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2008

I agree Apple produce a good product with brilliant outlook / cover.... this has nothing with correct or wrong marketing..... they are using Intel processors just like Dell and HP and Sony.... is that sounds different from everyone else? NOPE
it is the same..... no Apple processors my fren.... wake up

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.