Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

13irregular

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
I want to hop on the $800 deal from AT&T and trade in my iPhone 11. I have little tiny scuff marks on bottom corners of phone from just everyday use. How crazy are they when looking at trade-ins? Am I better off taking it to a store so they can see it in person? Am I better off paying $100 under AppleCare and getting a new one to trade in?

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 12.05.04 PM.png

This is the criteria. I think you'll be fine. Especially an iPhone 11

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
thanks for that! Can I actually just trade it in at a store so it’s fine right on the spot or it doesn’t work like that?

thats what I plan on doing with an iPhone 8, is going to the store. I dont trust to mail it in without having a human document they received the phone, for the agreed upon trade in value.

Too much room for error

13irregular

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
thats what I plan on doing with an iPhone 8, is going to the store. I dont trust to mail it in without having a human document they received the phone, for the agreed upon trade in value.

Too much room for error

Just came back from att store they looked at my phone said it’s perfectly fine they just look for cracked screens and cracked backs. Also said I can bring the trade in right to them and they will give me a receipt and I am good to go. Hopefully it’s that easy when the time comes.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Just came back from att store they looked at my phone said it’s perfectly fine they just look for cracked screens and cracked backs. Also said I can bring the trade in right to them and they will give me a receipt and I am good to go. Hopefully it’s that easy when the time comes.

I figured that’s the main thing they’d check is cracks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.